Australian Parliament Program Day 2020
#LGSC20 Participants took a virtual trip to Australian Parliament in Canberra this week expanding their political knowledge and networks. After an engaging session with the Parliamentary Education Team (thanks to Andrew Back) we enjoyed conversation with the following speakers gaining an understanding of their leadership journeys, their perspective on current political challenges and COVID19 recovery priorities.
Thanks to our guests for their frank and honest conversations
- Senator the Hon Scott Ryan
- Cathy McGowan AO
- The Hon Barnaby Joyce MP
- Dr Mike Kelly AM
- Senator Janet Rice
- The Hon Lisa Chesters MP
- The Hon Dr Helen Haines MP
- The Hon Zali Steggall OAM MP
Our takeaways included words of wisdom from Cathy McGowan – Leadership is a journey, you get better by doing it – her advice Turn Up, Speak Up and Step Up into your leadership.
Participant reflection – My quotable quotes include “getting an MP’s attention through story-telling; following up communication through MPs’ knowledgeable and hardworking staff; beginning with the end in mind & exercising our ‘courage muscle. Joy #LGSC2020
Our Program Day was state-wide Regional Leadership event with over 175 participants attending from all nine Victorian Community Leadership Programs.
- Northern Mallee Leaders www.nml.org.au
- Leadership Wimmera www.wda.org.au/leadership-wimmera
- Leadership Ballarat and Western Region www.lbwr.org
- Leaders For Geelong www.committeeforgeelong.com.au/leadership-portfolio/
- Lead Loddon Murray www.leadlm.org.au
- Goulburn Murray Community Leadership www.fairleyleadership.com.au
- Gippsland Community Leadership Program www.gclp.asn.au
- Alpine Valleys Community Leadership Program www.avclp.org.au
- Leadership Great South Coast www.lgsc.org.au