2024 EOI, Application and Selection Process
Community Leadership Program
Are you interested in learning more about leading in your community and how you can give back? Then the Leadership Great South Coast Inc. (LGSC) flagship Community Leadership Program is for you.
It is a program like no other. You will learn in, and with community through themed program days, immersive experiences and field trips.
This program will provide opportunities to strengthen community leadership capabilities and develop connections between local leaders and regional development initiatives. Formal and informal networking opportunities will feature throughout the program. The program is designed to be delivered face-to-face.
This program seeks diversity of participants, and cross sector and regional representation. Places in the LGSC Community Leadership Program are sought after and we aim for 20 participants annually. For 2024, the process will be in four phases.
Phase 1: Expression of Interest – now closed for 2024 -221 Applicants FAQ’s
Phase 2: Application – open. Close date: 19 October 2024
Phase 3: Conversation
Phase 4: Offers
Please click for FAQs _LGSC Inc Community Leadership Program_EOI_Applicants 2024
Offers for a position in the flagship Community Leadership Program are based on the applicant’s:
- Ability to engage as an active learner.
- Proven leadership record OR aspirations with potential for further growth in your chosen sector – community organisations, academia, industry, business, or government.
- Commitment to community activity and volunteerism in the Great South Coast community.
- Capacity to commit time and energy to the program.
- Potential to volunteer and give back to your local community in the future.
LGSC is a Not for Profit organisation that operates on the generosity of our Principal and Program Partners.
Participant fee: $6,200 +GST payable upon acceptance into the Program. Scholarship recipients pay a fee of $620 +GST.
In return, participants undertake a unique learning journey valued over $14,000 per person.
Note – Fees may be paid by the individual or their employer prior to program commencement.
Scholarships for 2024 are to be advised.
LGSC believes the Program fee should not restrict candidates from applying. If the Program fee is an issue for you, please advise at the time of Expression of Interest by indicating your intention to apply for a scholarship.
* Each scholarship application is assessed on a case-by-case basis against scholarship criteria.
The Executive Officer, Kate Roache, is available to discuss your application. Please do not hesitate to call 0408 627 066 for further information.
6 July – Expressions of Interest phase opens
17 August – Expressions of Interest phase closes
8 September – Application phase opens
19 October – Application phase closes
1-30 November – Conversation/Interview phase
1-13 December – Offers made
*Applicants will be short listed by the conversation panel made up of members of LGSC staff, the LGSC Board/Alumni. Conversations will take place in November. Up to 20 applicants will be offered a place in the Program.
If you are unsuccessful in the application process we encourage you to applying again in the future as places are limited annually.
CLICK HERE to complete your Online 2024 Application.
TIP – When you click SUBMIT at the end of the online form you will go to a confirmation webpage… for your records DOWNLOAD a PDF of your submitted form at this point.
SAMPLE Program Breakdown / Requirements
- Step-In Immersive (Friday & Saturday overnight) February
- 10-15 Program Days per year in community (including field trips)
- Step-Up Immersive July (Friday & Saturday)
- Council meeting attendance (outside scheduled Program Days) July/August
- Field Trip x 2 days to Parliament of Victoria/Melbourne August/September
- Step-Out Immersive (Thursday & Friday) November/December
- Team community project
- plan, deliver and review a project with and in community.
Program Days are themed to cover relevant topics and issues for the Great South Coast. Topics are aligned to the Great South Coast Strategic Plans. Local and state leaders and content experts address the participants on the topics. See our Speakers and Latest News tabs for more information.
The Program embeds a range of leadership skills, providing opportunities to reflect, plan, collaborate and practice various community leadership tools.